Federal Work Study Program (FWS)
The Federal Work Study Program (FWS) is a federally funded program that provides an opportunity for students to work part-time and earn money to assist with their educational expenses while enrolled at Mayland Community College.
Work Study Application
How to Apply
- Eligibility for Work Study is determined by submitting the FAFSA.
- Students interested in Work Study must also complete the Work Study Application
Criteria for Selection and Awarding
- Upon submission of a Work Study application, the Work Study Coordinator matches students with jobs as closely related as possible to their field of study. Students are then interviewed by potential Work Study supervisors who will select the applicant best suited to their needs.
- Students are generally allowed to work 10-12 hours per week at a pay rate of $7.25 per hour.
- Due to limited funding, Work Study is awarded on a first come, first served basis to the maximum extent possible.