Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER)
The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Program provides scholarships for eligible students who enroll in workforce training programs that lead to a state or industry recognized credential. The scholarships help cover all costs associated with these programs including registration/tuition fees, books, supplies, credentialing tests, transportation and other related costs of these courses.
Students Eligibility Requirement
- Resident of North Carolina
- Enrolled in a course that is at least 96 hours or more and leads to a state or industry recognized credential.
- Enrolled in one of the following ten programs of study (classes eligible for this program will display the GEER logo).
- Emergency Medical Services
- Information Technology
Spring 2021 Eligible Classes:
Health Unit Coordinator
Nutritional Dietary Manager Part 1 & 2
Nurse Aide Hybrid Course
Emergency Medical Tech
Advanced Emergency Medical Tech
Electrical Technician I
HVAC/R (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning/Refrigeration)
Paralegal Certificate Studies Program
To Take These Classes for FREE:
- Contact campus where you plan to take class(es) and place your name on the list for the class(es)
- Contact Ted Ollis at 828.766.1297 or firstname.lastname@example.org to fill out an application
Note: All fees due at the time of registration will be paid by the GEER program so students will not have any out-of-pocket expenses.
For additional information about the GEER Program contact:
Ted Ollis | 828.766.1297 | email@example.com
For additional information about GEER eligible classes contact the campus nearest you:
Avery Learning Center
Mitchell County Continuing Education
Yancey Learning Center