Per Department of Defense guidelines, the following resources are available to assist veterans in making a college selection:
The College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
The College Navigator tool allows students to search a national database for admissions statistics, retention and graduation rates, financial aid, program/majors, etc., to assist in evaluating and comparing different colleges.
The Paying for College website allows students to view and compare detailed financial information from up to three schools at a time.
The North Carolina Military Education Positioning System (NC MEPS Portal)
The NC MEPS Portal is a free service which provides a series of online interactive modules that allow active-duty service members, veterans, reservists and National Guard, and their family members to:
- Choose the most appropriate North Carolina higher education opportunity.
- Navigate the admissions, enrollment, financial aid, and credit transfer process.
- Understand the available military educational benefit options.
- Transition successfully from military culture to campus life.
- Access on-campus as well as community support services and resources.
- Achieve success in school and beyond.
- Locate and utilize internship and job placement resources.
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet is a consumer tool designed to help students understand costs and financial aid associated with the school they are attending and is made available to Mayland Community College students through their LEO accounts. You will also be given a copy of the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet when you meet with the VA School Certifying Official.