Eligibility for Veterans Education benefits is determined by the Veterans Administration, not Mayland Community College. Applications for VA Education Benefits should be submitted online through the GI Bill web site utilizing the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP) at www.gibill.va.gov. Click on “Apply For Benefits”, and complete the VONAPP.
You may contact the VA Administration at 888.442.4551 to confirm your eligibility.
Mayland Community College Procedures:
1. Have you received VA Education Benefits before?
- If YES – Complete VA Form 22-1995, Change of Program or Place of Training, through VONAPP at www.gibill.va.gov.
- If dependent or spouse of veteran – Complete VA Form 22-5495
- If NO – Complete Application for VA Benefits (Form 22-1990), through VONAPP at www.gibill.va.gov.
- If dependent or spouse of veteran – Complete VA Form 22-5490
Link to all required forms
2. Provide NOBE and/or Certificate of Eligibility to School Certifying Official once you receive confirmation from the VA.
You should receive this document in the mail 4-6 weeks after applying for benefits through VONAPP.
3. Choose a VA approved program of study.
All curriculum programs that award a degree, diploma or certificate are approved. Continuing Education courses are not approved for VA certification. Consult with VA Certifying Official if you have questions.
4. Meet all Mayland Community College and VA admission requirements.
Complete a MCC Application for Admission.
Submit official high school or GED transcripts to MCC Registrar’s Office.
Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended to Registrar’s Office
Complete any required placement testing.
5. Provide copy of registration form with class schedule to VA Certifying Official at the beginning of EVERY semester you wish to receive benefits.
6. Inform the VA Certifying Official immediately of ANY changes in enrollment status (i.e., add or drop a class, withdrawal, etc.).
7. Sign Mayland Community College Memorandum of Understanding.