Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan
To help you meet your educational expenses, Mayland Community College is proud to offer a convenient monthly Tuition Payment Plan from Nelnet Business Solutions.
The monthly payment plan is not a loan program or financial aid. There are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check.
The cost to budget your interest-free monthly payment plan is a $25 per semester, nonrefundable Enrollment Fee that is charged by Nelnet to use their service. Enrollment in the monthly payment plan is done entirely online. To enroll you must have your student ID number, and your checking or savings account information, or credit card number.
You may finance your tuition and fee expenses using either your credit card or Automatic Bank Payments (ACH) from your checking or savings account. ACH payments are those payments you have authorized Nelnet to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-approved for your expenses at Mayland Community College.
Payments are processed on the 5th of each month for Fall & Spring semesters and will continue until the balance is paid in full. Summer payments will be processed on the 20th of each month. A minimum balance due of $100 is required to set up a Tuition Payment Plan.
ADD/DROP – If a student ADDS or DROPS classes it is imperative that they inform the Business Office at
828-766-1220 in order to make sure their balance is accurate. The student is responsible for all payments and notification of any changes to the payment plan agreement.
Tuition Payment Plan Terms and Conditions:
The Tuition Payment Plan is a third-party service offered by Nelnet Business Solutions as a service of Mayland Community College.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before proceeding. The $25 enrollment fee and any required down payment are processed immediately.
By enrolling in the payment plan, you agree to these terms and conditions:
- Payment Plan agreements are valid only for one semester. You must enroll in the Payment Plan each semester.
- Enrollment in the Payment Plan is open only during the registration period as stated in the Enrollment Schedule (see link above or Tuition Payment Plan brochure).
- Students not enrolled in the Payment Plan by the deadline stated in the Enrollment Schedule or who have not paid in full by the stated last day to pay will be deregistered from classes.
- Enrollment deadlines and any down payment requirements for the semester are posted in the Tuition Payment Plan brochure, available at the Business Office.
- A $25 per semester, non-refundable Payment Plan enrollment fee and any applicable down payment will be deducted from your bank account/credit card immediately. Please plan accordingly.
- Returned payments are subject to a $30 returned payment fee assessed by Nelnet.
- Returned payments will automatically be reprocessed on the next 5th or 20th of the month, regardless of when your next scheduled payment is due.
- Down payments or enrollment fees returned for any reason may result in termination of your Payment Plan agreement by Nelnet, and you will not be able to use this service. Please plan accordingly.
- Pending financial aid will not reduce your balance due or payment amount until it is credited to your student account balance.
- Payment Plan payments may take up to 10 business days from the time drawn on your bank account/credit card before they are posted to your student account.
- Any Payment Plan agreement with two (2) payments delinquent may be terminated by Mayland Community College and result in an Administrative Withdrawal. An Administrative Withdrawal will result in being deregistered from your class(es), and you will be ineligible to attend class or receive grades.
- All Mayland Community College Collection Policies apply to past-due Payment Plan accounts.
Follow These Steps To Enroll In A Payment Plan:
- Go to Web Advisor on the main Mayland Page
- Log in to self-service
- Click on Student Finance
- Click on the student finance tab at the top of the next page
- Select the Setup Payment Plan tab
- Review your balance
- Click Proceed to Processor (You will now be linked to Nelnet’s Payment Plan)
- Set up security questions
- Follow the steps to process your payment plan
If you need assistance with the payment plan, please contact the Business Office at 828-766-1220.