Cannon Memorial Hospital Volunteer Program Scholarship
2021-2022 Academic Year
Due Date: Thursday, July 1, 2021
The 2021-2022 Cannon Memorial Hospital Scholarship is now available! Students in Avery County and the surrounding areas that plan to pursue a career in the medical field are encouraged to apply. Please find the scholarship application and the additional requirements listed below:
- Resident of Avery County or the surrounding counties
- Complete application
- Two letters of recommendation; One from a teacher or school counselor; one from a current or past employer; or one from a volunteer supervisor, if the applicant does not have employment history
- Official transcript of grades from the last school attended
- A copy of an official acceptance letter from applicant’s school of choice and date of anticipated entry (if available). The committee also requires a copy of the letter of acceptance into the program of study related to a medical field listed in the scholarship application.
The scholarship committee considers each applicant based on the following:
- Acceptance into a health care/medical related program
- Applicant need
- Grade point average
- Completed application
- Review of personal/professional recommendations.
The Cannon Memorial Hospital Volunteer Program Scholarship committee will make the final decision on selections of applicants for scholarships. The committee chairperson will send a letter of acceptance or denial to each applicant following the selection process. Scholarship funds will be forwarded to the student’s school of enrollment to be credited to their student account.
Applications are due by the above listed deadline to Charles A Cannon, Jr. Memorial Hospital 434 Hospital Drive Linville, NC 28646 with the attention to “Sally Woodring”.
For questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Paul Hagen at 828.733.3140 or via email at email@example.com.