Allen Ryan Todd Scholarship
2021-2022 Academic Year
Due Date: Friday, August 27, 2021
The Allen Ryan Todd Scholarship was established to honor the life and enthusiasm for learning of Allen Ryan Todd. The scholarship symbolizes his family’s belief that we are here not just to further our own ends, but also to contribute to a larger purpose. In that spirit, scholarship, service, and a desire to help other committed individuals are crucial elements.
The scholarship is valued at $1,660.00. The funds will be distributed in two payments per recipient: fall semester 2020 $415, and spring 2021 semester $415. Scholarship checks will be issued to the college in the name of the recipient. To qualify as a recipient for the Allen Ryan Todd Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of a North Carolina.
- Be enrolled (or must intend to enroll) in an Associate Degree program in education, health or environmental science at a North Carolina Community College.
- Be a motivated, capable learner who has a demonstrated economic need.
- Submit an essay specifying a chosen field of study and explain how the scholarship will help the applicant achieve his/her goal. A statement of how his/her goals honor the values modeled in the life of Allen Ryan Todd.
- Maintain a grade point average at or above the level required for graduation. (2.0)
- Continue enrollment for the duration of the scholarship at the college where he/she was enrolled at the time of the scholarship award.
- The recipient(s) must show documentation that they have volunteered in the intended field of study to be considered for this scholarship. Documentation must be within the past year.
The Allen Ryan Todd Scholarship application is due to Jessica Forbes on August 27, 2021 by 4:00 pm. Please submit this application via email at email@example.com.
- Please complete the general scholarship application and submit to the Financial Aid Office by August 27, 2021.
- Provide an essay including the following:
o Educational Accomplishments Please briefly describe any activities in your community in which you have been involved beyond your academic studies; i.e., awards, special programs or any other educational accomplishments:
o Educational Goals (Use a separate sheet and attach to application) Please write no more than a one-page essay stating why you have chosen this field of study and how this scholarship will help you achieve your educational goal
o Life purpose: Allen Ryan Todd was a searcher, one who truly cared about learning. He also cared about people, especially those who needed help and hope. In that spirit, tell the committee why you feel that you qualify for the memorial scholarship bearing his name.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
The Allen Ryan Todd Scholarship application is due to Jessica Forbes on August 27, 2021. Please submit this application via email at email@example.com.