7 x 24 Exchange – Carolinas Chapter’s Bob Cashner Memorial Scholarship
2019-2020 Academic Year (7/1/2019-06/30/2020)
Due Date: 5:00 PM, Tuesday, December 10, 2019
One or more scholarships will be awarded based upon the availability of funds and will be awarded to students meeting the criteria set forth annually.
A total of (4) four scholarships, granting a maximum of ninety percent (90 %) of full-time tuition (based on $79/credit hour up to a total of 70 credit hours per student), excluding books and fees will be provided to eligible students. The funds may be distributed equally in (2) two annual payments; one fall and one spring payment for each selected recipient. The North Carolina Community Colleges Foundation will notify and submit funds to the designated institution.
To qualify as a candidate for the 7 x 24 Exchange – Carolinas Chapter’s Bob Cashner Memorial Scholarship Fund, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be eligible for in-state (North Carolina) tuition.
- Must enroll in one of the following associate degree programs:
- Mission Critical Operations A40430
- Engineering Technologies
- Submit an essay stating why he/she chose the field of study and how the scholarship will help them financially attain their educational goal.
- Must maintain a grade point average required for graduation and continued enrollment at the college where he/she was enrolled at the time of the scholarship award.
- Complete the degreed program within (4) semesters as a full-time student or within (8) semesters as a part-time student.
Other factors to be considered in the selection process will include, but will not be limited to:
- scholastic achievement,
- financial need,
- participation in outside activities,
- and a demonstrated interest in working in the Mission Critical – Data Center Industry.Preference will be given those pursuing “Mission Critical Operations” programs. However, those pursuing Applied Engineering and Technology programs will also be seriously considered particularly, if the applicant shows an expressed interest in Operations and Maintenance.
The candidates for the scholarship shall be selected and the scholarship awarded without regard to race, gender, color, creed, religious preference, age, national origin or disability. The individual recipients of the scholarship will be selected each year from the group of applicants meeting the above criteria.
Please print and complete the application supplied in the below button. Once complete, please return the completed application (along with Student Consent Form) and essay to Jessica Forbes in the Mayland Community College Financial Aid Department by no later than the deadline listed above.
**Please note the deadline to submit to MCC is sooner than the deadline listed on the application so we will be able to get your applications to the organization before the organization’s deadline.**