The North Carolina Golden LEAF Scholarship (Two-Year Colleges)
Spring 2020 Semester
Due Date: 5 p.m., Friday, February 7, 2020
The Golden LEAF Scholars Program – Two-Year Colleges will provide scholarships of up to $750 per semester, including summer semester, for curriculum students to assist with tuition, fees, books, supplies, childcare, transportation expenses and credential testing fees for mid-skill training courses. Community colleges choose to participate in the program annually so eligible students must attend a participating community college.
Student Selection Considerations
Applicants will be selected based on financial need and county of residence. Other selection factors include:
- The effect of the declining economy on his or her family.
- Owner of or employed in farming/agriculture business.
- Owner of or employed in traditional industries (such as textile or furniture manufacturing).
- Household member lost their job or has gone from full-time to part-time employment.
- Academic performance.
- Campus activities and community service.
- Please complete the Golden Leaf Scholarship Application found below and return the application to Jessica Forbes in the Financial Aid office by the above listed deadline. Also, please be sure your 2019-2020 FAFSA is completed prior to the deadline.