Work in the field of Sports Medicine in jobs such as athletic trainer, personal trainer, physical therapist, performance enhancement trainer, occupational therapist, and orthopedic areas. Upon completion of this course, the student will be eligible to sit for national certification with a number of different nationally accredited organizations such as the NASM, ACE, ACSM, and NETA. Students will be prepared to transition into other advanced level programs and degrees in the sports medicine field.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Professional and career development
- Exercise and nutrition
- Kinesiology of the human movement system
- Injury prevention
- Therapeutic modalities and rehabilitation
- Client management
- Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school diploma, or copy of the completion of GED requirements)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Demonstration of reading proficiency either by college transcripts, a computerized placement test, or the TABE reading test
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration $180 plus text
- Optional accident insurance $1.20
- Cost of CPR card
For more information about this class call the Yancey Learning Center at 828.682.7315.