Want to become a plumber? Start at Mayland Community College with the Level I NCCER Plumbing Certification class. Learn from a practicing professional to help you stand out with practical, job-ready skills. Receive an introduction to the profession, safety, tools of the trade, plumbing math, fittings, drain, waste, and much, much more. The Department of Labor states that plumbers often make more than $20 per hour! Join this much-needed trade and find your niche in the labor market.
- Introduction to the plumbing profession
- Plumbing safety
- Tools of the trade
- Plumbing math
- Plumbing drawings
- Pipes and fittings
- Plumbing fixtures
- Drain, waste, and vent systems
- Water distribution
- Completion of TABE assessment with at least 8th-grade reading and math skills
Cost of Class:
- Registration $180
- Optional accident insurance $1.20
- Book $89 (subject to change)
For more information about this class call the Avery Learning Center at 828.733.5883.