This course prepares individuals to work under the supervision of licensed nursing professionals in performing nursing care and services for persons of all ages. Students learn a variety of health care topics, hands-on skills, and participate in clinical experiences. Upon successful completion of this course, the student may be eligible to take the NNAAP examination and pursue listing on the North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry.
• Two forms of identification (driver’s license and social security card) at registration
• Documentation of complete immunization records including proof of MMR1 and 2 or individual titers, current TB test (must be active upon completion of course), varicella infection by medical record, varicella titer or varicella immunization if titer is negative, proof of hepatitis B vaccine (completed dose 1, 2, and 3) or signed MCC waiver
• Tetanus shots for clinical sites
Cost of Class:
• Tuition/Registration: $180
• Text: $39 (subject to change)
• Cost of CPR card
• Liability insurance: $13
• Optional accident insurance: $1.20
• Certification exam: $120
• Drug screening for clinical site
• Background check for clinical site
1/4/22–4/21/22, TTh, 4:00–7:00 p.m. (Lab hours will last until 8:00 p.m.)
Clinical schedule will vary Instructor: Holmes
1/6/22–3/24/22, TTh, 5:00–8:30 p.m. (Lab hours will last until 9:30 p.m.)
Clinical schedule will vary Instructor: Vance–Yoder
Register and Pay online or Scan QR Code for Registration.
Click here for more information about HEERF funds.