This program will provide students with the skills and basic information needed to prepare to become a Certified Coder and may also open entry-level doors to opportunities in the health specialty of medical coding. Individuals in this field of study may work in hospitals and/or other medical office settings where it is necessary to assign codes for billing and insurance purposes.
• Medical terminology as needed for assigning appropriate medical codes
• Recognition of medical terms and commonly used abbreviations in medical coding
• Coding guidelines
• Utilization of coding manuals to assign diagnosis and procedure codes
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school diploma, or copy of completion of GED requirements)
• Demonstrate reading proficiency either by college transcripts, a computerized placement test, or the CASAS reading test
Cost of Class:
• Tuition/Registration: $180
• Text: $577 (subject to change)
• Certification exam: $399
3/1/22–8/1122, TTh, 5:30–8:30 p.m.
$180 Instructor: Thomas
Scan QR Code for Registration.
Click here for more information about HEERF funds.