The HVAC/R (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning/Refrigeration) Level I course is based on the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) curriculum and will provide each student with basic knowledge and skills to become a qualified, entry-level employee in the HVAC industry. Some industry related fields include but are not limited to equipment and duct installers, duct cleaners, and service technicians. Students will have the opportunity to take the NC State EPA certification exam upon completion of the course.
- Air Conditioning
- Principles that guide HVAC/R installation and service techniques
- Safety and communication on the construction site
- Introduction to craft skills
- High School diploma or completion of a TABE test with at least 8th-grade reading and math skills
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration $180
- Text $100 (text may be available for loan)
- State EPA Exam $40
- Supply fee $50
- Optional accident insurance $1.20
For more information about this class, call the Avery Learning Center at 828.733.5883.