Level I course is based on the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
curriculum and will provide each student with basic knowledge and skills to become a qualified,
entry-level employee in the HVAC industry. Some industry related fields include but are not limited
to equipment and duct installers, duct cleaners, and service technicians. Students will have
the opportunity to take the NC State EPA certification exam upon completion of the course.
• Air conditioning
• Principles that guide HVAC/R installation
and service techniques
• Safety and communication on the construction
• Introduction to craft skills
• Provide proof of high school completion
(high school transcripts, copy of high
school diploma, or copy of the completion
of GED requirements) or completion of
CASAS with reading and math skills
Cost of Class:
• Tuition/Registration: $180
• Text: $100 (subject to change, and some
text may be available for loan)
• Supply fee: $50
• Optional accident insurance: $1.20
• State EPA exam: $40
For more information about this class call the Main Campus at 828.766.1292.
Click this link for information about GEER 2020-2021 Funding Scholarships.