This course is designed for instructional areas related to occupational horticulture:
- identifying and selecting plant materials;
- propagating, planting, and growing plants;
- planting materials at the appropriate places and in the correct manner;
- properly maintaining plant materials;
- managing the nursery and greenhouse, and
- designing and building planters, walks, patios, fences, and other landscape features.
The curriculum areas are designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are necessary for successful employment in this field.
For more information about this class call the Avery Learning Center at 828.733.5883.