Prepare for the National Association of Health Unit Coordinators (NAHUC) examination with MCC! Health unit coordinators are professional healthcare workers performing non-clinical functions of the nursing unit or department. Individuals in these positions are also known as unit clerks, unit secretaries, information coordinators, etc.
- Medical order management
- Medical order notification
- Medical requests
- Patient processing
- Clerical duties
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school diploma, or copy of the completion of GED requirements)
- Demonstrated reading proficiency by college transcripts, a computerized placement test, or the CASAS reading assessment.
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration: $180
- Text: $94.95 (subject to change)
- Certification Exam: $205
For more information about this class call the Yancey Learning Center at 828.682.7315.
Click this link for information about GEER 2020-2021 Funding Scholarships.