Are you interested in a career that allows you to help people maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle? The nutritional dietary manager program will help you prepare to become a certified
dietary manager. Training will include both course work and lab experience working with a Registered Dietitian.
*Note: Part 1 & 2 must be taken in order to potentially qualify for national certification as a
CDM. Students will be eligible for pre-professional membership in the ANFP.
- Learning to work in partnership with registered dietitians to purchase, prepare, and deliver balanced nutritional meals within a budget
- Analyze the basic nutritional needs of your clientele
- Provide meal service while satisfying client preferences
- Access dietary intake for energy balance, sustainability, and nutritional needs for humans in various stages of life
- Apply nutrition knowledge to clinical, community, research, and foodservice situations
- Effectively and efficiently supervise non-commercial foodservice facilities while applying nutrition principles and ensuring food safety
- 9 hours of Nutrition Prerequisites
- 10 hours of Lab Experience with a Registered Dietitian·
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Demonstrate reading proficiency either by college transcripts, a computerized placement test, or the CASAS reading test
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration $180 per course
- Text $577.76 (subject to change)
8/3/21-12/16/21, TTh, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
$180 Instructor: Thomas
Students in the program may get help paying for class by calling 828.766.1297. Click this link for information about GEER 2020-2021 Funding Scholarships.