Are you interested in a career that allows you to provide quality nutritional care through foodservice management? The nutritional dietary manager program will provide a combination of education and work experience, allowing you to sit for the Certified Dietary Manager, CDM credentialing exam. The training will include both course work and lab experience under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian.
*Note: Part 1 and Part 2 must be taken to potentially qualify for credentialing as a CDM.
- Learning to work in partnership with registered dietitians to purchase, prepare, and deliver balanced nutritional meals within a budget
- Analyze the basic nutritional needs of your clientele
- Provide meal service while satisfying client preferences
- Access dietary intake for energy balance, sustainability, and nutritional needs for humans in various stages of life
- Apply nutrition knowledge to clinical, community, research, and foodservice situations
- Effectively and efficiently supervise non-commercial foodservice facilities while applying nutrition principles and ensuring food safety
- 9 hours of Nutrition Prerequisites
- 10 hours of Lab Experience with a Registered Dietitian·
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school diploma, or copy of the completion of GED requirements)
- Demonstrate reading proficiency either by college transcripts, a computerized placement test, or the CASAS reading test
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration $180 per course
- Text $328
3/2/21-7/27/21, TTh, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
$180 Instructor: Thomas
Students in the program may get help paying for class by calling 828.766.1297. Click this link for information about GEER 2020-2021 Funding Scholarships.