Work with actual CNC (Computer Numerical Control) mills and lathes to learn basic automated machining. Course topics include CNC programming, set-up, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance, general machining principles, shop safety, blueprint reading, and shop math. This course will exceed your expectations by providing you not only the fundamentals of machining but a comprehensive foundation for a wide variety of potential careers in modern manufacturing. Students may sit for NIMS (National Institute of Metalworking Skills) certifications upon completion.
- CNC programming
- CNC set-up
- CNC operation
- Troubleshooting and maintenance
- General machining principles
- Shop safety
- Blueprint reading
- Shop math
- High school diploma or completion of TABE assessment with at least 8th grade reading and math skills.
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration $180
- Text $100 (subject to change)
- Optional accident insurance $1.20
- Certification exams $40 per exam
For more information about this class, call the Yancey Learning Center at 828.682.7315.