This course prepares North Carolina residents for jobs operating a variety of commercial vehicles, such as delivery trucks, dump trucks, cement trucks, passenger buses, and utility trucks. Upon successful completion of the class, the student will be prepared to take the state’s CDL-B exam. The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers several types of Commercial Driver Licence (CDL). Class B permits a person to drive any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more, and any such vehicle towing a vehicle with a GVWR, not in excess of 10,000 pounds.
- Vehicle maneuver skills
- Air brake training
- P endorsement
- Pre-trip vehicle inspection
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Hold a valid NC Driver’s License
- High school diploma/equivalency or completion of TABE assessment with at least 8th-grade reading and math skills
- Pass a DOT Physical
- Complete and pass a DOT drug screen
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration $180
- $100 fuel fee
- Optional accident insurance $1.20
For more information about this class, call the Yancey Learning Center at 828.682.7315.