This course prepares individuals to work under the supervision of licensed nursing professionals in performing nursing care and services for persons of all ages. Students learn a variety of health care topics, hands-on skills, and participate in clinical experiences. Upon successful completion of this course, the student may be eligible to take the NNAAP examination and pursue listing on the North Carolina Nurse Aide registry. Our hybrid option is now available and allows for parts of the course to be completed online. A great choice for students that want flexibility.
- Two forms of identification (driver’s license and social security card) at registration
- Documentation of complete immunization records including proof of MMR 1 & 2 or individual titers, current TB test (must be active upon completion of course), varicella infection by the medical record, varicella titer or varicella immunization if the titer is negative, proof of hepatitis B vaccine (complete doses 1, 2, and 3) or signed MCC waiver, tetanus shots for clinical sites.
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration: $180
- Text: $39 (subject to change)
- Optional accident insurance: $1.20
- Liability insurance: $13
- Cost of CPR card
- Certification exam: $120
- Drug screen for clinical site
- Background check for clinical site
2/1/21-4/7/21, MW, 5:00 pm-9:00 pm
$180 Instructor: Holmes
Classes held online and labs meet on campus as follows:
Lab Nights: 5:00 pm-9:00 pm/Test Nights: 5:00 pm-10:30 pm/Final Exam: 5:00 pm-11:30 pm
The clinical Schedule will vary.
Click this link for information about GEER 2020-2021 Funding Scholarships.