This program will provide students with the skills and basic information needed to sit for the Certified Professional Coder exam through the AAPC and may also open entry-level doors to opportunities in the health specialty of medical coding. Individuals in this field of study may work in hospitals and/or other medical office settings where it is necessary to assign codes for billing and insurance purposes.
- Medical terminology as needed for assigning appropriate medical codes
- Recognition of medical terms and commonly used abbreviations in medical coding
- Coding guidelines
- Utilization of coding manuals to assign diagnosis and procedure codes
- Must be 18 years of age
- Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school diploma, or copy of the completion of GED requirements)
- Demonstrate reading proficiency either by college transcripts, computerized placement tests or as CASAS reading tests.
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration: $180
- Text: $180 (subject to change)
- Certification exam: $399
1/19/21-6/17/21, TTh, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
$180 Instructor: Calvert
3/2/21-8/5/21, TTh, 5:30 pm-8:30 pm
$180 Instructor: Thomas
Click this link for information about GEER 2020-2021 Funding Scholarships.