The Avery, Mitchell and Yancey NCWorks Career Centers are dedicated to assisting individuals in reaching employment and career goals. Support for Individuals include:
- Ability to register and access job listings, and match skills and experience to jobs at NCWorks.gov;
- Ability to build or upload a resume on NCWorks.gov
- Availability of staff to assist with information about industries with jobs in demand, and what local companies are currently hiring;
- Information on job search skills and strategies;
- Local labor market and prevailing salaries information;
- Free computer use, Internet and fax machine access for job seekers in resource labs;
- Career Readiness Labs and workshops provided;
- Free online tutorials and training programs to build skills needed for job market;
- Assessments available to help determine skills and skills needed to reach goals.
- Training provided to help with developing needed skills;
- On-the-job training opportunities with employers;
- Many no cost certification and certification preparation classes available through Mayland;
- Career exploration and counseling available through career development facilitator;
- Career Assessment available to show interests, skills, and work preferences;
Scholarships are available to eligible individuals to cover the cost of short term and long term training. Ask the staff Location and Hours of Operation for more information on WIOA scholarship assistance.