This course is designed to prepare students to earn certification through the National Institute of Metalworking Skills. Nationally, the average hourly wage for a Machinist is $18.34.
- Manual Milling Skills I
- Measurement, materials, and safety
- Benchwork and layout
- Job planning
- Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school diploma, or a copy of the completion of GED requirements)
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration: $180
- Optional student accident insurance: $1.20
- NIMS Certification: $40 per credential
2/4/20-3/26/20, TTh, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
$180 Instructor: Pipes
Students in this class may get help paying for class by calling 828.766.1297.