This course is designed to prepare students to earn certification through the National Institute of Metalworking Skills. Nationally, the average hourly wage for a Machinist is $18.34.
- Manual milling skills I
- Measurement, materials, and safety
- Benchwork and Layout
- Job planning
- Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school diploma, or copy of the completion of GED requirements)
Cost of Class:
- Tuition/Registration: $125
- Optional accident insurance: $1.20
- Certification exam: $40 per credential
Students in the program may get help paying for class by calling 828.766.1297.
For more information about this class call the Yancey Learning Center at 828.682.7315.