Electronic Health Records Specialist (104 Hours)
Prepare to earn a nationally recognized Electronic Health Record Specialist Certification
from the National Health Career Association.
• Medical terminology • Healthcare facilities and the variety of health information systems
• Types of healthcare professions and certification involved in Health Information Management
• HIPAA, privacy and security of records and release of information, functions,
content, and organization of health records • Filing and retrieval of paper records
• Processing of paper and electronic records, records assembly and analysis, history and
evolution of electronic health records • Working with clinicians in updating and changing
• Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school
diploma, or copy of completion of GED requirements) • Experience in use of computers
• Demonstration of reading proficiency either by college transcripts, a computerized placement
test, or the TABE reading test.
Cost of Class:
• Tuition/Registration $180 • Text currently $56 • Optional accident insurance $1.20
• NHA State certification test $105
Students in the program may get help paying for class by calling 828.766.1297.
2/6-6/5, T,Th 6:00-9:00 p.m.
$180 plus text and fees