Economic & Workforce Development/Continuing Education (EWD/CE) Policy
This policy includes all occupational classes. No refund is given for personal enrichment classes once they have met.
If a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, the student will receive 100% refund.
A FULL refund is given if a student officially withdraws prior to the first class meeting. After class begins, a 75% refund of tuition only is made if the student officially withdraws prior to or on the 10% point of scheduled hours. NOTE: For most classes, the 10% point is the first class session.
Written notification must be received by the EWD/Continuing Education Office where you registered for class by the 10% date or 1st class session. Please allow two weeks for processing of refunds. Insurance fees are non-refundable.
Underage Student Policy
EWD/Continuing Education course offerings are designed for adult learners. In special cases, 16 and 17 year-olds will be considered when: (1) there is available space in the class; and (2) they obtain the required permissions and signatures on the College’s Minor Permission Form.
Class Cancellation Policy
EWD/Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel any course before the first session due to low enrollment. Decisions may be made about class cancellations as early as one week prior to start date. Please preregister as early as possible. In the event a class is cancelled you will be notified. Call early to reserve your spot.
Registration fees are indicated at the end of each course listing and are subject to change contingent upon action by the NC General Assembly. Registration fees are due at the time of registration. Students are not enrolled until all fees are paid.
Additionally, there may be costs associated with supplies, text, materials, insurance, etc.
Financial aid may be available for certain job training programs.
The Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver was discontinued by the State Legislature, effective July 1, 2013.
Classes may begin at any point throughout the semester and will vary in length. Classes may be held throughout the day and on weekends. Business/Industry and Emergency Services courses may be scheduled to fit the needs of the organization.
In the Event of Inclement Weather
The College will close when weather conditions are such that driving is hazardous. The following procedure will be observed for inclement weather conditions:
- A message concerning school operation will be made by 5:30 a.m. and posted on the College website at mayland.edu, and announced on local radio and TV stations for day classes.
- A voice mail message will be recorded on the College switchboard.
- If the College is on a delayed schedule, EWD/Continuing Education classes scheduled to begin earlier will start when the college opens.
- EWD/Continuing Education classes scheduled to begin after the college opens will follow their regular schedule.
- If you remain unsure about your class, please e-mail the EWD/ConEd office in the county where the class will be held.