Carpentry Level I (235 Hours)
Prepare for employment by developing or enhancing basic carpentry/cabinetmaking skills. This program provides hands-on experience and instruction from highly qualified individuals who have been certified through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
• Safety and communication skills on the construction site;
• Knowledge regarding power tools;
• Introduction to materials and estimation;
• Knowledge of floor and wall systems;
• Knowledge of ceiling joist and roof framing;
• Knowledge of blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients;
• Hands on building opportunities.
• High school diploma/ equivalency or completion of TABE assessment with at least 8th grade reading and math skills.
Cost of Class:
• Tuition/Registration $180;
• Text currently $123 (loaner text may be available);
• Optional accident insurance $1.20;
• Supply fee $75.
Students in this program may recieve help paying for the class by calling 828.766.1297.
3/5-7/23, MTWTh, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
$180 plus supplies and fees