Career Development / HRD
You don't have to see the whole staircase... just take the first step!
Career Development/Human Resources Development (HRD) courses provide skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, get back into the workforce, or working to find their place in today’s job market. Classes are designed to help with completing applications, producing winning resumes, and learning to interview for the job you want! Classes are also offered to allow students to explore the path to employment in specific careers.
The Career Development Program helps individuals obtain workplace skills by providing:
- FREE assessment services;
- Employability skills training; and
- career development counseling to individuals in employment transition.
Training focuses on:
- Free Assessment of an individual's assets and limitations;
- Development of a positive self-concept;
- Development of employment skills;
- Development of communications skills;
- Development of problem-solving skills;and
- Understanding the impact of technology in the workplace.
The Career Development Program focuses on:
- Developing positive attitudes and exploring the power of habits in decision making;
- Conflict resolution; and
- Working as a member of a team.
Career Development courses are free to those who meet the Fee Waiver Guidelines.
For More Information: Call 828.766.1297 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Construction Trades ( 9 Hours)
Career Readiness Certification
Working Smart (30 Hours)
"And That's Why You Didn't Get the Job!" (3 Hours)
Learn to Live on a Limited Income ( 6 Hours)