Prepare for employment by developing or enhancing basic carpentry/cabinet-making skills. This program provides hands-on experience and instruction from highly qualified individuals who have been certified through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
• Safety and communication skills on the construction site
• Knowledge regarding power tools
• Materials and estimation
• Floor and wall systems
• Ceiling joist and roof framing
• Blueprints and building plans
• Hands-on building opportunities
• High school diploma/equivalency or completion of CASAS assessment with at least 8th-grade reading and math skills
Cost of Class:
- Tuition & Registration: $180
- Text: $205
- Student Insurance: $1.20
- Testing fee: $24
For more information about this class call the Avery Learning Center at 828.733.5883.