Pursuant to 1E SBCC 700.1, the Board adopts the following local fees. The College shall deposit receipts derived from local fees in an unrestricted institutional account. The College will only use the local fee receipts for the purposes for which the local fee was approved. The President shall annually report all required local fees to the State Board.
Local Fee Waiver
The following groups are exempt from the Student Activity Fee, the Instructional Technology Fee and the College Access and Parking Fee: 1) all student who are exempt from paying tuition and registration fees; 2) continuing education students, except as other listed herein; and 3) individuals who participate only in meetings and seminars organized by the College (i.e., a group of people gathered for a one-time basis primarily for discussion under the direction of a leader or resource person).
All students will be required to pay applicable Specific Fees and Other Fees.
Authorized Local Fees
- Student Activity Fee
- Pursuant to 1E SBCCC 700.2, the Board establishes a Student Activity Fee as follows:
- All students carrying 1 to 8 credit hours – $18.00 per academic semester.
- All students carrying 9 or more credit hours – $32.00 per academic semester. The Student Activity Fee shall not be assessed for the summer semester.
- The Student Activity Fee receipts shall be used for the permissible activities and expenses listed in 1E SBCCC 700.2(b)(1-(2).
- 2. Instructional Technology Fee
- Pursuant to 1E SBCCC 700.3, the Board establishes an Instructional Technology Fee as follows:
- Curriculum students carrying 1 to 11 credit hours – $8.00 per academic semester (including summer semester).
- Curriculum students carrying 12 or more credit hours – $16.00 per academic semester (including summer semester).
- The Instructional Technology Fee receipts shall be used to support costs of procuring, maintaining and operating instructional technology used primarily for instructional purposes and specialized instruction equipment necessary for hands-on instruction.
- 3. College Access and Parking (“CAP”) Fee
- Pursuant to 1E SBCCC 700., the Board establishes a CAP Fee at a rate of $5.00 for each academic semester for curriculum students. The CAP Fee receipts shall only be used to support costs of acquiring, constructing and maintaining the College’s parking facilities, parking enforcement and security of College property.
- 4. Administrative Fee
- Pursuant to 1E SBCCC 700.6, the Board establishes an Other Fee, at a rate of $10.00 for each academic semester for curriculum students. The Administrative Fee is charged to students to support the cost of graduation materials.
- 5. Student Accident Insurance Fee
- Pursuant to 1E SBCCC 700.6, the Board establishes an Other Fee, at a rate of $1.20 for each academic semester for curriculum students. The Student Accident Insurance Fee is charged to students to support the cost of supplemental insurance to cover accidents associated with school activities. The group supplemental insurance cost is subject to yearly adjustment.