High School Programs
Would you like to begin earning a degree while you’re still in high school? Mayland can get you started. Students who qualify can take college-level courses and earn credit toward their high school graduation and a college degree.
Get your future started…
- Earn high school and college credit
- Get a head start on your college degree
- Take courses that aren’t offered in high school
- Prepare now for one of MCCC’s many technical or vocational career options
- Ease your transition to college by getting a taste of college now
- Lower the cost of college by earning credits without high tuition costs
High School Student Enrollment
The College provides seamless opportunities for high school students to get a head start with their college education by enrolling in eligible pathways through Career and College Promise (“CCP”). Enrollment in identified courses is available to students enrolled in public and private schools (including home schools) through articulation agreements between the school system and the College and approved by the North Carolina Community College System Office.
CCP provides seamless dual enrollment educational opportunities for eligible North Carolina high school students to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry‐level job skills. The College offers the following CCP pathways aligned with the K‐12 curriculum, career and college ready standards adopted by the State Board of Education:
- College Transfer Pathway- Tuition-free course credits toward the Associate in Arts, Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation, Associate in Science, Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation, and g, Associate in General Education- Nursing.
- Career and Technical Education Pathway- Tuition-free course credits toward an entry-level job credential, certificate or diploma for eligible high school students.
- Workforce Continuing Education Pathway- Registration-free course hours toward an entry-level job credential for eligible high school students
- Cooperative Innovative High School Pathway- Leads to the completion of a high school diploma and associate degree or provides up to two years of college credit within five years.
Tuition is waived for CCP students; however, all CCP students taking classes on-site at the College or online though the College, except for those in Cooperative Innovative High School Programs, may be required to purchase their own textbooks and supplies required for their classes. Transportation for high school students will not be provided by the College. **Please see your High School Liaison for specific admission criteria and program requirements for CCP enrollment.
Exclusive College Programs for Minors
Unless they are participating in a CCP program, the College cannot offer enrollment options for students who are under the age of sixteen (16) unless they have earned a high school diploma.