Students who meet the requirements must:
- File a SOAR Student Application.
- Have an intake interview with a SOAR Counselor.
When you meet with a SOAR Counselor for the intake interview, bring the following information to help establish your eligibility. Please look over the qualifications to the SOAR Program.
Students must qualify in ONE of the following categories:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has a four year college degree);
- Have limited income by federal guidelines;
- Have a disability that may impact your pursuit of a degree.
Verification of First Generation College Status
- A SOAR application that is signed and dated.
Verification of Income
- A copy of you and your parents’ Federal Income Tax Return for the preceding year; or
- If you are married or over age 24, bring a copy of your Federal Income Tax Return for the preceding year; or
- A signed financial aid application or the papers mailed to you from the Department of Education verifying your current eligibility for financial aid; or
- A statement from another governmental source verifying your income from the preceding year.
Verification of a Disability
- Medical or academic records from a doctor or other professional verifying the disability. The SOAR secretary can give you a release to sign if you will bring the name and address of the agency who can verify this information. We can then mail the release for you.