What is Medical Assisting?
The Medical Assisting program will prepare you to be a multi-skilled healthcare professional who is qualified to perform administrative, clinical, and laboratory procedures. Coursework includes instruction in scheduling appointments, coding, and processing insurance accounts, billing, collections, computer operations, assisting with examinations/treatments, performing routine laboratory procedures, electrocardiography, medication administration, and ethical/ legal issues associated with patient care.
Why Choose Medical Assisting at MCC?
- Graduates can work in a variety of facilities that include hospitals, doctor’s offices, and outpatient care centers
- Smaller class sizes which means more one-on-one instruction
- Faculty and staff whose main goal is to see you succeed
- You are on the road to a healthcare career from day one.
Example Medical Assisting Careers*
|Job Title||Projected growth 2019-2029||Data retrieved from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2019|
|Certified Medical Assistant||19%||$17.23 hourly|
*(data from O*NET OnLine retrieved December 2020)
Programs of Study in Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting A45400
- Medical Assisting C45400 – LOCAL
- Medical Assisting D45400 – LOCAL
- Medical Assisting Office Admin C45400A – LOCAL