What is Information Technology?
Information Technology (IT) is a great career option for individuals who enjoy working with computers and cutting-edge technology. Students will learn how to address technical issues related to information support and services, network systems, programming and software development, information security, and other emerging technologies.
Why Choose Information Technology at MCC?
Mayland’s Information Technology (IT) program offers:
- Quality hands-on instruction in modern lab spaces
- Personal one-on-one interactions with program instructors
- Dynamic learning environments
- Valuable coursework that is relevant to a wide variety of careers and workplaces
- Extensive training for a number of third-party technical certifications
Example Information Technology Careers*
|Job Title||Projected Growth
(NC 2016 – 2026)
|Median Wages (2018)|
|Computer User Support Specialists||+16%||$24.51 hourly|
|Computer Network Support Specialists||+13%||$30.18 hourly|
|Computer Systems Analysts||+14%||$42.66 hourly|
|Network and Computer Systems Administrators||+11%||$39.45 hourly|
*(data from O*NET OnLine retrieved December 2019)