What is Human Services Technology?
The Human Services program is a great career option for those who enjoy working with people. This program provides students with fundamental knowledge of the attitudes and skills required to be an efficient and effective human service professional. Students qualify for employment in a variety of government, private, and non-profit human service agencies.
Why Choose Human Services at MCC?
Mayland’s Human Services program offers:
- Hands-on learning opportunities provided through internships in professional human service agencies
- Broad curriculum that prepares graduates to work within a wide variety of helping professions
- Personal one-on-one instruction delivered by instructors with real-world experience
- Transfer options to various four-year institutions
- Flexible course scheduling reduces student time on campus
Example Human Services Careers*
|Job Title||Projected Growth
(NC 2016 – 2026)
|Median Wages (2018)|
|Social and Community Service Managers||+ 25%||$31.41 hourly|
|Community Health Workers||+ 20%||$19.01 hourly|
|Child, Family and School Social Workers||+14%||$22.24 hourly|
|Social and Community Service Assistants||+11%||$39.45 hourly|
|Education, Guidance, School and Vocational Counselors||+13%||$27.07 hourly|
|Rehabilitation Counselors||+17||$17.13 hourly|
|Community and Social Service Specialists||+11||$20.49 hourly|
*(data from O*NET OnLine retrieved December 2019)