What is Cosmetology?
The Cosmetology program at Mayland Community College produces graduates with competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry. Graduates of the program will be prepared to sit for the NC State Board of Cosmetic Arts.
Why Choose Cosmetology at Mayland?
Mayland Community College Cosmetology offers:
- Quality hands on instruction
- Person to person interaction with program instructors
- Vibrant and exciting learning environment
- Course work that is relevant to various career options
- Extensive training and education which has led to 100% licensing pass rate over the past 10 years
Example Cosmetology Careers*
|Job Title||Projected Growth
(NC 2016 – 2026)
|Median Wages (NC 2018)|
|Manicurist- Pedicurist||+18%||$11.70 hourly|
*(data from O*NET OnLine retrieved December 2019)