SOAR Student Responsibilities
As a participant in the SOAR Program, you must commit to using the services designed to meet your goals.
SOAR Program Student Responsibilities
We can serve only a limited number of students, therefore we want to serve those who will truly benefit and actively participate. As a SOAR student, you are required to:
- Meet with a Peer Advisor for a program orientation.
- Meet regularly with your assigned counselor, including mid-term for the mandatory mid-term progress check.
- Keep your counselor informed of your situation and needs, especially when you need help, your situation changes, and when good things happen, too. We love to hear good news!
- Call or stop by to let us know if you have to miss an appointment.
- Use the services indicated in your Needs Assessment, which were determined by agreement between you and your counselor.
- Talk with your counselor if you are thinking of dropping out. Many times, alternate solutions can be found.
- Keep us informed of changes in your phone number, name, address, or change of major.