Avery Learning Center Fire & Rescue
A listing of the firfighting and rescue training classes offered by the Avery Learning Center of Mayland Community College
Programs of Study:
What Degree or Program can I pursue at MCC?
What Program can I pursue at MCC? MCC currently offers 29 Programs of Study, including 15 degree, 14 diploma and 34 certificate opportunities.
Click here to explore the list!
FIRE TRAINING CLASSES
4/1-9/30/14; T and TH (6-10pm) and some Saturdays
Tuition: $180.00; Malpractice: $13.00; Student Insurance (optional): $1.40; Textbooks: $141.93
Prerequisites for Admission to the EMT-Intermediate Class
- Must take ACCUPLACER test or if student has a degree must provide college transcripts.
(ACCUPLACER scores are good for 5 years)
- Show proof of EMT-Basic Certification.
- If affiliated with FIRE/RESCUE must provide letter stating that they are a member, signed by chief to waive tuition OR pay the $180.00 tuition.
- If FIRE/RESCUE department plans on covering fees and books must include statement in affiliation letter.
- To be registered, student must have MET ALL PREREQUISTIES, FEES PAID AND SHOW ALL DOCUMENTATION.
3/31, 4/1, 4/7; 7:00-11:00PM
Foam Fire Streams
3/29/14; 8:00AM-3:00PM ( 1 hour lunch)
3/17, 3/25; 6:00-9:00PM
Fire Chief 101
4/14, 4/15, 4/22; 6:00-10:00PM
Elk Park VFD